DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WELFARE and DEVELOPMENT
HOME FOR GIRLS
Home for Girls, Koronadal City was opened on April 1, 2006. It situated at Arellano Street, City of Koronadal. It caters to the growing number of vulnerable children and /or victims of child abuse, neglect and exploitation in Region XII. It provides temporary shelter to those whose life is threatened and endangered in the community, hence needing temporary care and center-based rehabilitation.
TO ENABLE THE GIRLS TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEMS AND RESTORE NORMAL FUNCTIONING THUS REGAINING SELF ESTEEM AND DIGNITY THROUGH PROTECTIVE AND REHAVILITATIVE SERVICES.
1.To provide a wide range of services for the protection and rehabilitation of the girls geared towards reintegration to the family and community.
2.To protect the girls from further neglect, abuse and exploitation;
3.To provide self-enhancement and social enrichment activities to enable the girls define their role in the community and the community.
4.To effect linkages with other agencies and organization.
GIRLS 7 TO 18 Years old who are in EXTREMELY DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES;
1. Victims of Sexual Abuse and incest cases
2. Victims of illegal Recruitment
3. Battered and Maltreated
4. Neglected and dependent
PROGRAMS and SERVICES
1. Residential Care – temporary shelter/custody: provision of food, clothing, personal care items and others.
2. Group Living Activities – organized group and individual activities.
3. Health Services physical – physical examination, dental check-up, psychiatric treatment and evaluation
4. Psychological Testing, Interpretation and Evaluation.
5. Casework and Groupwork Treatment.
6. Transportation Assistance.
7. Counseling – Individual and Groups.
8. Livelihood Skills and Development – Practical Skills Development and Extension of Capital Assistance for Self – Employment.
MODE OF ADMISSION
1. WALK – IN -This refers to clients who come directly to the home to seek assistance/ professional help.
2. REFERRAL -This refers to clients who have been referred by DSWD Field Offices, other GO’s, NGO’s private/concerned individuals, people’s organization, church group, etc.
3. OUTREACH -This refers to clients who were admitted by virtue of a direct by center’s social worker.
HOW CAN YOU HELP HG
1. Committing your time & expertise in the center thru volunteer work.
2. Be one of our professional volunteers in the field of medical & mental health, legal, care giving and practical skills.
3. Sponsoring the education of wards thru scholarships, free tuition fees, school supplies and/or allowance.
4. Sharing of food, clothing & the like.
5. Sponsoring birthday parties, socializations, and field trips.
6. Be a foster parent.
7. Giving opportunities for employment.
8. Sponsoring livelihood projects.
9. Sponsoring practical skills training.
10. Donating appliances & equipments for the use of the center.
Optimum social protection and promotion of the rights of children especially in difficult circumstances.
To ensure the provision of quality residential social welfare services, protection and custodial care of individuals, girl’s ages 7-18 years old especially in difficult circumstances and to enable them become responsible and productive individual, restore their social functioning and help them prepare and become builders of our society.
To enable the girls in especially difficult circumstances resolve their problems and be able to restore their normal functioning, thus regaining self-worth and dignity through provision of protective rehabilitative services.
For more information and inquiries please contact:
The Regional DirectorDSWD Field Office XII Alunan Ave., Koronadal City
Tel. No. (083) 228- 31-80
OrThe Center Head Group Home for Girls Arellano St., Koronadal City Tel. No. (083) 228-86-22