GENERAL SANTOS CITY, Feb. 12 – The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) 12 removed at least 2,243 households last year as part of efforts to continue clean the master list of the state’s flagship conditional cash transfer program in the region.
Bai Zorahayda T. Taha, regional director of DSWD 12, said Monday the total figures from the database of Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program have waived their memberships due to eligibility issues while others discovered by staff not qualified anymore in the program.
“We found out they no longer have family members who are qualified to avail of the assistance program. There are names also who had double entries in our database,” Dir. Taha said.
Dennis Domingo, DSWD 12 regional information officer, said delisted beneficiaries were no longer receiving direct cash assistance.
He said from first up to third quarter last year at least 2,200 household were delisted while another 43 were removed in the last quarter.
“The directive we got from the Central office this year is to continue clean our database as well to strengthen the services to our clients in the Pantawid program,” he said.
In Region 12, DSWD is covering 233,288 households, including Marawi City, for Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program.
Under CCT, children aged 3 to 18 have to stay in school and maintain class attendance of at least 85 percent each month.
Pregnant women are also required to avail pre- and post-natal care, and delivery must be assisted by skilled health personnel, while parents are mandatory to take “family development sessions” to enable them to become better parents. (JBM with reports from Alden Quinones, RITO/DSWD)